Attorney Brad Edwards has passionately upheld the rights of sexual abuse and assault victims throughout this legal career. He has devoted his practice and his life to fighting for the rights of crime victims, often in complicated and hotly contested complex civil trial matters.
Many of Brad’s clients have been harmed or injured as a result of criminal activity (rape, sexual assault, abduction, kidnapping, human trafficking, etc.) and/or inadequate or negligent security.
As a former prosecutor, Edwards has built a reputation for successfully handling the "civil" litigation aspect of these types of cases and handing over his findings to state and federal prosecutors, who then can pursue the criminal case on behalf of the victims.
Brad continues to be a major advocate for victim's rights. Despite his busy trial schedule, he has provided hundreds of hours of pro bono services each year to Victims Advocate Services and victims' rights groups in Broward and Palm Beach County and throughout the country.
Brad is currently pursuing a precedent setting case on behalf of young girls who were sexually molested by a well-connected billionaire. In a landmark decision, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit Court on April 18, 2014, upheld the District Court’s ruling which ordered the United States Attorney’s Office to provide the victims and their advocates the large volume of correspondence exchanged between Jeffrey Epstein and the Government that resulted in the government electing not to Federally prosecute Epstein for his many sexual crimes against children. Brad is also investigating and representing victims claiming sexual abuse by former Youth Pastor. Brad has selflessly spent countless hours litigation these actions in Federal Court, on a pro bono basis, to protect the rights of crime victims as provided by the Crime Victims' Rights Act.
Classes / Seminars Taught:
- "The Reality About Sexual Assault In America," Informational / Educational Women's Workshop, 2015.
- "Who is Responsible for Child Sex Abuse," National Crime Victim Bar Association's 2014 Conference - Civil Actions for Criminal Acts, 2014.
- "Civil Justice for Victims of Crime in Florida, The National Center for Crime Victims Seminar, 2013
- "Missing and Exploited Children", Children's Healing Institute's Annual Turn on the Light Conference, 2013
- "Key Note Speaker", Palm Beach Victims' Rights Coalition Annual Luncheon, 2013
- "Maximizing Recovery for Sexual Abuse Victims", FJA Seminar Web Live!, 2012
- "Maximizing Recovery for Sexual Abuse Victims", Florida Justice Association Workhorse Seminar, 2012
- "Enforcing Victims' Rights", Extending the Vision Reaching Every Victim program, 2012
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Free CONFIDENTIAL case evaluation.